I am a determined, disciplined, and active marketing maven newly released into the real world after some fine tuning at Virginia Tech! Upon graduation my family moved from the suburbia of Virginia to the islands of Hawaii (ALOHAAA) and after interning in DC for 5 months my infamous travel bug and desire to explore overcame me and I made the move to Oahu in October. In my spare time I enjoy running, hiking, baking, and designing with Adobe Creative Suite. As a VT Hokie I was a member of the club field hockey team, a student researcher for Professor Muzzo in the Hospitality and Tourism Department, a selected member of the Honors Undergraduate Marketing Research program, a self appointed VIP member of every dining hall, Promotions Director for Virginia Tech Television, and a Study Abroad Ambassador for the Pamplin College of Business. Last summer I checked off the number 1 thing on my bucket list, making a wish in the Trevi Fountain (WEEEEE!), and am continuing my goal to see every continent (2 down!). My heart belongs to my two husky mixes and my Washington Skins and Caps!!
What I’m passionate about…
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign. See my digital portfolio here!
- Certified in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Efficient with iMovie, iDVD, Keynote, iWeb
- As Promotions Director for VTTV I created positive public awareness about Tech’s student run television station. Generated website traffic by designing and distributing promotional items, improved station website by designing new and creative banners and show logos.
- I received my Minor in International Business
- Studied abroad at Telecom Ecole de Management (5/12-6/12) in The European Approach to Management through Pamplin International Programs. It was a 4 week cross-cultural experience in Evry, France with courses in International Management, taught by business professionals from all over the world, and French. Read my blog detailing my experience and what I learned here!
- Pamplin Study Abroad Ambassador-encouraged students in the Pamplin College of Business to participate in the study abroad programs
- created a promotional video for the program
- Integrated and immersed in the world of social media through experience in content aggregation, managing and executing social media campaigns, analyzing page analytics with Facebook Insights and Google Analytics, and using Hootsuite to organize and schedule posts
- As the Marketing and Social Media Intern for AMIDEAST I managed 3 Facebook accounts on a global scale, establishing a strong social media presence and driving traffic to the pages. I effectively communicated with the online community on behalf of AMIDEAST and increased page likes by 74.5%, 91%, and 92% over a 5 month period. I also composed and monitored the UAE page’s first promoted post and brainstormed marketing strategies for their first social media contest.
- As the Community and Web Analyst Intern at Crimson Fly Marketing I worked with various clients, from hair salons to vet hospitals, allowing me unique insight and experience into analyzing and promoting towards several different types of markets. I would begin by performing marketing research to create dashboards for each client detailing their target market, competitors and their strategies, possible news influencers, and how best to leverage their posts to their specific target consumer. I would monitor online trends to write engaging and viral content to effectively connect the clients to their online community and then analyzed the amplification, applause, and conversation rates of the posts.
- As Promotions Director for VTTV I assisted in developing two social media photo contests and collaborated with local businesses for prizes. I also designed the banner for the event page and posters for one of the contests.
- As a Study Abroad Ambassador I started a Twitter account for Pamplin Study Abroad and managed the Facebook account
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwest Virginia-I met with my little every Wednesday for an hour to work on his motor and social skills and also just have fun by playing games or reading books! I was a Big Sister beginning my junior year and stayed with my little until I graduated.
- Special Olympics Virginia-Southwest Region Class A Volunteer-I would attend and participate in volleyball practice with the athletes every Tuesday and every Thursday participated in the bowling league!